About the CSC
Formed by resolution of the Board of Supervisors in early 2002, the Siskiyou Community Services Council was designated the Child Abuse Prevention Council (CAPC) for Siskiyou County, California. Since that time, the CSC has taken the lead in instituting significant change in the way families are supported and services are delivered in Siskiyou County.
Operating as a nonprofit 501(c) 3 corporation since 2005, CSC's Board of Directors is comprised of many of the county's policymakers and is representative of agencies, organizations, businesses and interests from throughout Siskiyou County. The CSC takes a “root cause” approach to addressing child abuse prevention and neglect in our large, economically challenged county; understanding that successful efforts must address the social, economic, health and educational causes of these issues in an integrated and comprehensive manner.
The Community Services Council works to coordinate social, educational, economic and health resources to strengthen families and build more cohesive communities.
Siskiyou County is an inclusive, tolerant, safe, prosperous community where our citizens are our most important asset and everyone…
- lives in a nurturing environment
- is healthy, educated, financially secure and drug-free
- has a positive outlook toward their future
- pursues educational and employment opportunities
- has access to affordable housing, child care, health care and transportation
- is a well-respected and involved member of our community